Date(s) - Jul 15, 2019-Jul 17, 2019
8:30 am-5:30 pm
University of Victoria
Region: British Columbia
Institution: University of Victoria
In this workshop, you will improve your instructional skills and facilitate learning by designing and delivering three 10 minute lessons, and by participating as a learner in other people’s lessons. Feedback from participants and discussion of learning theory will help you develop effective teaching practices. We create a supportive and confidential learning environment where you can experiment and learn from others.
- identify and discuss instructional and classroom issues
- learn how to use audiovisual media
- explore learning and teaching styles
Participants regularly declare that this workshop has been a pivotal experience in their careers. If you wish to be an instructor, then the Instructional Skills Workshop is the place to start! If you are experienced, the Instructional Skills Workshop is a powerful, experiential workshop or laboratory in which to refine your practice.
- Plan lessons.
- Define outcomes & learning objectives.
- Facilitate participative learning activities.
- Evaluate learning.
- Give and receive feedback on what helped and/or hindered learning.
- Reflect on these outcomes and create a personal/professional development plan.