Date(s) - Jun 04, 2014-Jun 23, 2016
Region: Alberta and Saskatchewan
Where: Naramata, British Columbia
Region: BC, AB, but all are welcome
Time: June 4 (starting at 5:30 pm) to June 8 (ending at 11:00 am), 2014
The ISW Spring Institute offers ISW facilitators and trainers the opportunity to enhance their role as instructors, facilitators, and instructional leaders. Special Note: This is the 35th anniversary of the development of the ISW. We will be delighted to welcome newer facilitators, while also offering a welcome to individuals who were a part of the early history of the ISW movement.
Registrants can expect to:
- Connect with other ISW facilitators who share interests and passions;
- Compare notes on ISW practices, approaches, and tools with people from other institutions and with people who use ISW in other settings;
- Examine how technology can be used to enhance the ISW experience;
- (Re)examine the principles that underlie ISW, expanding our understanding of what we do and why we do it;
- Explore new directions in ISW that may expand the possibilities of our practice;
- Take time to reflect on our roles as teachers, facilitators, and human beings.
New Practitioner Bursary: The ISW Advisory Committee sponsors 5 bursaries for new facilitators who have been involved with ISW for 5 years or less and who have not attended a Spring or Fall Institute before. If you meet these criteria and register your intent to participate by April 5, 2014, you will be entered into a draw for $200 off the registration fee. Applicants will be advised of the status of their application by mid April to facilitate their planning.
Founders Bursary: The ISW Advisory Committee is offering up to 5 bursaries for individuals who were involved in the early days of the Institute. If you attended your first spring institute before 1990 and register your intent to participate by April 5, 2014, you will be entered into a draw for $100 off the registration fee. Applicants will be advised of the status of their application by mid-April to facilitate their planning.
Please plan to join us for what promises to be a fun, inspirational and engaging time with friends and colleagues in the ISW circle! Registration will be open in the fall of 2013. Meanwhile, for more information contact: Glynis Wilson Boultbee (firstname.lastname@example.org).